Reporting to: Sales Director
Role type: Full time
Contact: Emily Lawrence
- Take responsibility for prospecting/identifying new business opportunities suited to our group companies. This will be achieved using your past industry experience, internet searches, social media and databases generated by marketing initiatives working alongside the group marketing team.
- You will need to establish initial contact, navigate the ‘gate keeper’ and identify and engage decision makers ideally in the engineering & design functions.
- Using both virtual visits and traditional field sales visits you will build relationships to establish the business as any new contacts ‘first call’ when they have a requirement. Regular, although not persistent, contact will ensure early buy-in to our USP’s.
- You will receive and manage through our process any new enquiries to the relevant group company. These will be processed either by you, with the support and approval of the internal team, or via the internal team. This will be determined by the complexity of any enquiry.
- You will present/deliver our proposal and follow-up to the point of any PO being issued. You will then, with the support of the internal team, process manage any PO and keep the customer informed of progress through to despatch.
- Once the customer is established you will hand-over the account management to a member of the internal team who you will support for as long is required.
- You will work with and are free to involve senior management (both within the business and within the group), marketing and our established BDM to ensure the successful execution of sales activities.
- You will keep up to date our CRM system on a weekly basis, whilst attending weekly sales meetings with senior management.
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong experience in Business Development and Sales Account Management.
- Solid experience within sectors such as Contract Electronics Manufacturing, PCB fabrication and electronic component distribution would be an advantage.
- Experience and knowledge in Quality Management Systems in an Accredited Certification Bodies.
- English is essential, other languages valued. Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent telephone communication skills.
- Considerable attention to detail including a high degree of accuracy in data entry and interpretation.
- The ability and willingness to work individually and in a team environment.
- Familiarity with database requirements and computer tools available to make use of such data.
- Good organisational, research & problem-solving skills.
- Can-do approach to tasks and conscientious attitude putting the best interests of the business at the centre of everything you do.
- Will hold a valid UK driving license.
KPI’s – Success in this role will be judged on levels of new business generated and customer satisfaction/feedback and the efficiencies of the individual to meets the company’s overall targets. The following will be monitored:
- Quality (not quantity) of new opportunities.
- Conversion rate and suitability of new business.
- Customer spend versus annual target and gross margins.
We will look for the BDM to further enhance our brand value and promote the business based on our mission statement as follows: –
“We aim to provide a professional service to all our customers and to maintain a long-term partnership based on trust, a value-added service and a willingness that can outperform any pricing advantage”.
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace is our priority. We are committed to providing an environment of acceptance where you are free to bring your full self to work. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, national origin, veteran status or pregnancy and maternity status.