Location: Thetford, Norfolk
Reporting to: Customer Service Team Leader
Role type: Full time
Contact: Emily Lawrence
About Vanilla Electronics
From conceptual design, material procurement, kitting, manufacturing, through to end-customer order fulfilment, product returns, warranty, repair and re-supply. We exist solely to add value to our customers by increasing the efficiency of their operations. Our technology centre & global operational headquarters are located in Thetford, Norfolk, just 40 minutes from London Stansted International Airport and central to the A11 Technology Corridor.
About the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our customer service team, for one of the fastest growing technology companies in East Anglia. Candidate will enjoy being part of a motivated, productive team and be required to complete various tasks within our commercial/ Customer Service department.
Working within the customer support team, win/process customer orders in a timely manner, meeting company standards defined for each client contract or generic company KPIs. The provision of accurate commercial administration to include Data & BOM maintenance, Quotes to client specification, processing orders on Winman and purchasing via supply chain and expediting orders.
- To provide support and respond to customer requests / RFQ’s and ensure quotations are at the appropriate quality ( quality of information, competitive pricing, reviewed, thought through in terms of part availability) – using calcuquote were possible
- To process orders from Customers and ensure orders are accurate, supplier data provided and orders on the ERP system in a timely fashion.
- To undertake key departmental administration tasks in support of the line manager – all information is located on the appropriate business system e.g. pipedrive, Winman, etc.
- To provide cover for Service Coordinator colleagues, undertaking duties flexibly and providing essential back up during periods of high volume demand as well as cover for annual leave and sickness absence.
- To update, maintain and improve all data on Vanilla business systems to ensure customer records are up to date – phone, email, contact, quote dates etc.
- To support procurement as required depending on supply chain issues, parts availability, obtain best pricing and lead times.
- To provide follow up for quotations, document and understand reasons if a quotation was won/lost.
- To process new and updated service contracts, completing administration, recording and updating reporting systems as required.
- To ensure seamless communication between departments liaising with CS team colleagues, procurement and the Logistics Team to meet client contract KPIs
- To become familiar with, and adhere to the Company processes, policies and procedures.
- To enter and maintain customer parts and bills or matierals
Knowledge and Experience
- A good general standard of education supported by previous customer support administration experience, ideally within an electronics /supply chain environment.
- An eye for detail, accuracy in processing data and information.Thorough and able to check own work.
- Good organisation and communication skills and an excellent telephone manner.
- IT Skills – An aptitude for using work systems and an ability to train others. Intermediate ability with Microsoft Office programmes.
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Working with People
- Relating and Networking
- Writing and Reporting
- Planning and Organising
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace is our priority. We are committed to providing an environment of acceptance where you are free to bring your full self to work. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, national origin, veteran status or pregnancy and maternity status.