Location: Kempston, Bedford
Reporting to: Commerical Manager
Role type: Full time
Contact: Emily Lawrence
Bela Electronic Designs Ltd is a UK based Contract Electronics Manufacturer that focuses on the small to medium volume high complexity niche markets where quality and service can outperform any pricing advantage. As a full-service provider (Design & Engineering, Fast-Track Prototyping, SMT/Through-Hole Assembly, Test & Box Build) we can tailor our services to precisely meet the customer’s individual requirements.
Bela was recently acquired by Vanilla Electronics and is now an autonomous, fully integrated division of the Vanilla Group. Founded in 2002, Vanilla is a UK based supply chain management business, offering out-sourced purchasing and manufacturing solutions to a global technology customer base. Fast-growing and continually ambitious, Vanilla has set out to expand its footprint through a number of strategic acquisitions, the first of which being Bela, the second to be announced in the coming weeks.
As a successful and profitable business, we have invested heavily in the latest plant and manufacturing techniques along with developing the skills of our staff to ensure solid business foundations upon which we will continue to build.
About the job
Reporting to the Commercial Manager; the Bela team is looking for a Sales Account Manager (SAM) to take commercial responsibility for all aspects of customer account management.
- Take overall responsibility for customer service and manage specific accounts to underline our commitment to customer service ensuring continuity of communication.
- Receive customer enquiries, process RFQ’s including working with suppliers to identify costs (estimating), work with our engineers to identify manufacturing costs, generate proposals (quotes) and follow-up through to point of order.
- Load purchase orders and, as necessary, create part numbers and structures to support the purchasing function.
- Liaise with the Production Supervisor to review the order book and take appropriate actions arising from the meeting should customer interaction be required. Support will be given to the Production Supervisor to confirm priorities if a compromise between capacity and requirement arises.
- Review repeat orders and identify actions required.
- Support the external Business Development Managers to introduce new accounts to Bela ensuring excellence in communication from the outset.
- Submit twice yearly customer satisfaction report and make suggestions on improvements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required (KSAR)
1. Strong experience in Sales Account Management.
2. Solid experience within sectors such as Contract Electronics Manufacturing, PCB fabrication and electronic component distribution would be an advantage.
3. Experience and knowledge in Quality Management Systems in Accredited Certification Bodies.
4. English is essential, other languages valued.
7. Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent telephone communication skills.
8. Considerable attention to detail including a high degree of accuracy in data entry and interpretation.
9. The ability and willingness to work in a team environment.
10. Familiarity with database requirements and computer tools available to make use of such data.
11. Good organisational, research & problem-solving skills.
12. Can-do approach to tasks and conscientious towards client service.
Success in this role will be judged on levels of customer satisfaction/feedback and the efficiencies of the individual to meet the company’s overall targets. The following will be monitored: –
1. Customer Satisfaction Log.
2. Quote Log – Details number of enquiries versus turn round and win rate.
3. On-Time Delivery Performance
4. Customer spend versus annual target and gross margins.
5. We will look for the SAM to further enhance our brand value and promote Bela based on our mission statement as follows:-
“We aim to provide a professional service to all our customers and to maintain a long-term partnership based on trust, a value-added service and a willingness that can outperform any pricing advantage”.